While science searches for a future cure, ABCD supports people affected by breast cancer – NOW.
Trained and professionally supported volunteer survivors and co-survivors help those dealing with breast cancer, from the newly diagnosed to those in treatment and beyond.
- As of January 2018, there were more than 3.1 million women in the USA with a history of breast cancer.
- In 2018, an estimated 266.120 women will be diagnosed with a new breast cancer in the USA.
- Over a lifetime 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- 85% of breast cancer diagnoses occur in women who have no family history
- 4,000+ of those diagnoses will be in the State of Wisconsin
- The majority of breast cancer diagnoses occur between the ages of 35 -65.*Source: www.breastcancer.org
THANK YOU! ABCD’s services are free at all times because of the generosity of our friends and supporters.
Donations support a community of 1:1 support.
“My Mentors felt the raw emotion of the journey only someone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer can connect with. ABCD and my Mentors were instrumental in my treatment and my recovery from breast cancer.”